经典英文演讲之 Address to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association
John F. Kennedy: Address to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association
delivered 12 September 1960 at the Rice Hotel in Houston, TX
Reverend Meza, Reverend Reck, I'm grateful for your generous invitation to state my views.
While the so-called religious issue is necessarily and properly the chief topic here tonight, I want to emphasize from the outset that I believe that we have far more critical issues in the 1960 campaign; the spread of Communist influence, until it now festers only 90 miles from the coast of Florida -- the humiliating treatment of our President and Vice President by those who no longer respect our power -- the hungry children I saw in West Virginia, the old people who cannot pay their doctors bills, the families forced to give up their farms -- an America with too many slums, with too few schools, and too late to the moon and outer space. These are the real issues which should decide this campaign. And they are not religious issues -- for war and hunger and ignorance and despair know no religious barrier.
小 精 灵 儿 童 网 站]
- 经典英文演讲之 I Have a Dream
- 经典英文演讲之 Inaugural Address
- 经典英文演讲之 Pearl Harbor Address to the Nation
- 经典英文演讲之 Who Then Will Speak for the Common Good?
- 经典英文演讲之 Checkers
- 经典英文演讲之 The Space Shuttle 'Challenger'Tragedy Address
- 经典英文演讲之 Address to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association
- 经典英文演讲之 A Tale of Two Cities
- 经典英文演讲之 1984 Democratic National Convention Address
- 经典英文演讲之 I've Been to the Mountaintop