经典英文演讲之 Who Then Will Speak for the Common Good?
Barbara Jordan: "Who Then Will Speak for the Common Good?"
1976 Democratic National Convention Keynote Address
delivered 12 July 1976, New York, NY
Thank you ladies and gentlemen for a very warm reception.
It was one hundred and forty-four years ago that members of the Democratic Party first met in convention to select a Presidential candidate. Since that time, Democrats have continued to convene once every four years and draft a party platform and nominate a Presidential candidate. And our meeting this week is a continuation of that tradition. But there is something different about tonight. There is something special about tonight. What is different? What is special?
I, Barbara Jordan, am a keynote speaker.
A lot of years passed since 1832, and during that time it would have been most unusual for any national political party to ask that a Barbara Jordan to deliver a keynote address. But tonight here I am. And I feel that notwithstanding the past that my presence here is one additional bit of evidence that the American Dream need not forever be deferred.
- 经典英文演讲之 I Have a Dream
- 经典英文演讲之 Inaugural Address
- 经典英文演讲之 Pearl Harbor Address to the Nation
- 经典英文演讲之 Who Then Will Speak for the Common Good?
- 经典英文演讲之 Checkers
- 经典英文演讲之 The Space Shuttle 'Challenger'Tragedy Address
- 经典英文演讲之 Address to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association
- 经典英文演讲之 A Tale of Two Cities
- 经典英文演讲之 1984 Democratic National Convention Address
- 经典英文演讲之 I've Been to the Mountaintop