经典英文演讲之 Inaugural Address
John F. Kennedy: Inaugural Address
delivered January 20, 1961
Vice President Johnson, Mr. Speaker, Mr. Chief Justice, President Eisenhower, Vice President Nixon, President Truman, Reverend Clergy, fellow citizens:
We observe today not a victory of party but a celebration of freedom, symbolizing an end as well as a beginning, signifying renewal as well as change. For I have sworn before you and Almighty God the same solemn oath our forebears prescribed nearly a century and three-quarters ago.
The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life. And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe -- the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans -- born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage -- and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.
- 经典英文演讲之 I Have a Dream
- 经典英文演讲之 Inaugural Address
- 经典英文演讲之 Pearl Harbor Address to the Nation
- 经典英文演讲之 Who Then Will Speak for the Common Good?
- 经典英文演讲之 Checkers
- 经典英文演讲之 The Space Shuttle 'Challenger'Tragedy Address
- 经典英文演讲之 Address to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association
- 经典英文演讲之 A Tale of Two Cities
- 经典英文演讲之 1984 Democratic National Convention Address
- 经典英文演讲之 I've Been to the Mountaintop