新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第七篇 When Love Beckons You 爱的召唤
When Love Beckons You
When Love beckons to you, follow Him,
Though His ways are hard and steep.
And when His wings enfold you, yield to Him;
Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
And when He speaks to you, believe Him,
Though His voice may shatter your dreams,
As the north wind lays waste the garden.
For even as Love crowns you, so shall He crucify you.
Even as He is for your growth-so is He for your pruning.
Even as He ascends to your height
And caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
So shall He descend to your roots
And shake them in their clinging to the earth.
Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto Himself,
He threshes you to make you naked.
He sifts you to free you from your husks.
He grinds you to whiteness.
He kneads you until you are pliant;
And then He assigns you to His sacred fire,
That you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.
All these things shall Love do unto you,
That you many know the secrets of your heart,
And in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart.
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第一篇 Youth 青春
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第二篇 Three Days to See(Excerpts) 假如给我三天光明
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第三篇 Companionship of Books 以书为伴
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第五篇 Ambition 抱负
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第四篇 If I Rest, I Rust 如果我休息，我就会生锈
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第六篇 What I have Lived for 我为何而生
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第七篇 When Love Beckons You 爱的召唤
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第八篇 The Road to Success 成功之道
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第九篇 On Meeting the Celebrated 论见名人
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第十篇 The 50-Percent Theory of Life 生活理论半对半