新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第三篇 Companionship of Books 以书为伴
Companionship of Books (Excerpts)
A man may usually be known by the books he reads as well as by the company he keeps; for there is a companionship of books as well as of men; and one should always live in the best company, whether it be of books or of men.
A good book may be among the best of friends. It is the same today that it always was, and it will never change. It is the most patient and cheerful of companions. It doesn’t turn its back upon us in times of adversity or distress. It always receives us with the same kindness; amusing and instructing us in youth, and comforting and consoling us in age.
Men often discover their affinity to each other by the mutual love they have for a book just as two persons sometimes discover a friend by the admiration which both entertain for a third. There is an old proverb, “Love me, love my dog.” But there is more wisdom in this: “Love me, love my book.” The book is a truer and higher bond of union. Men can think, feel, and sympathize with each other through their favorite author. They live in him together, and he in them.
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第一篇 Youth 青春
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第二篇 Three Days to See(Excerpts) 假如给我三天光明
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第三篇 Companionship of Books 以书为伴
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第五篇 Ambition 抱负
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第四篇 If I Rest, I Rust 如果我休息，我就会生锈
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第六篇 What I have Lived for 我为何而生
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第七篇 When Love Beckons You 爱的召唤
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第八篇 The Road to Success 成功之道
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第九篇 On Meeting the Celebrated 论见名人
- 新东方英语背诵美文30篇 第十篇 The 50-Percent Theory of Life 生活理论半对半