名人小故事 天才在工作 Genius at Work
Genius at Work 天才在工作
Henry Ford didn’t always pay attention in school. One day, he and a friend took a watch apart, angry and upset, the teacher told him both to stay after school. Their punishment was to stay until they had fixed the watch. But the teacher did not know young Ford’s genius. In ten minutes, this mechanical wizard had repaired the watch and was on this way home.
Ford was always interested in how things worked. He once plugged up the spout of a teapot and placed it on the fire. Then he waited to see what would happen. The water boiled and, of course, turned to steam. Since the steam had no way to escape, the teapot exploded. The explosion cracked a mirror and broke a window, the young inventor was badly scalded.
Ford’s year of curiosity and tinkering paid off. He dreamed of a horseless carriage. When he built one, the world of transportation was changed forever.
多年后，福特的好奇心和他的动手能力使他得到了回报。他曾经梦想着去制造一辆无马行进的车。他造成了一辆这样的车后，运输界发生了永久性的变化。[小精 灵 儿童 网站]
- 名人小故事 天才在工作 Genius at Work
- 名人小故事 一位值得纪念的希腊人 A Greek to Remember
- 寓言故事 皮匠和银行家 The Cobbler and the Banker
- 小小故事 My Dog - Joy-ride
- 小小故事 My Dog - Buster Waits
- 小小故事 My Dog - Buster's Nose
- 小小故事 My Dog - Feeding Buster
- 小小故事 My Dog - Buster At The Pier
- 小小故事 My Dog - Buster is Warm
- 小小故事 My Dog - Buster Being Bad